Thursday, October 20, 2005

multiple wordpress

I’ve nearly completed this one, with some difficulty. Uploading the unzipped wordpress files doesn’t work using Dreamweaver as an ftp client for some reason, similar problem to mediawiki 1.5 I think, something to do with files such as ”.htaccess” or edited .php files which DW hangs up on. My solution was to go and look for a proper FTP client, but I found Fetch instead, which kind of works. There must be a simple, free, two-pane Mac ftp client out there?
Once I had one instance of Wordpress installed, I tried running the config.php again using a different table prefix. That worked fine for the second instance, but overwrote some parts of the first instance. In order to start all over again I had to go into mySQL and delete all of the tables, then ftp the whole thing up again to a second directory, but still pointing at the same database as the first. Thus I now have two wordpress blogs running off the same mySQL db, and all that’s left is to repeat the excercise but using /blog/ instead of /wordpress/ so I get a better URL for the new blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent site, enjoyed my visit! I will be back soon!

Anonymous said...

Excellent site, enjoyed my visit! I will be back soon!