Monday, January 11, 2010

From the Love Never Dies blog

Niamh Perry’s blog

I’m back again to fill you all in on the past few days of rehearsals. Most of the cast began on Monday [4th January] morning but by next Monday [11th] the whole company from every department will come together for an eagerly anticipated “Meet and Greet”. Rumour has it that the design team have put together a powerpoint presentation… I can’t wait! We have already started to set a few dance numbers (which are looking fabulous) and you can sense the excitement in the air.

For me, finally starting to put this masterpiece into action has been pretty overwhelming. As I said in my last blog, I have been lucky enough to have been involved in Love Never Dies from the very first workshop over 18 months ago.

I have also been asked to fill you in on my back story. Many of you won’t know this, but I first met Andrew (The Lord) when I became a finalist for the BBC show “I’d Do Anything” which was the TV search for a new talent to play ‘Nancy’ in Oliver!, in which Andrew was the judge. And although I didn’t win (which I think is lucky, as I wouldn’t be involved in Love Never Dies!), I gained so much priceless support from the legend himself, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber.

It is because of his support and encouragement that I am blessed with the chance to create the role of “Fleck.”

I had my wig fitting yesterday with an awesome man named Campbell who covered my head in cling film, sticky-tape and red marker- I looked hot- NOT. I’ve never worn a wig before so this is a new experience all together!

I must dash here, I have a costume fitting in a few hours. It feels like I’ve been waiting for this for months! The excitement is taking over. Maybe they will let me fill you in on a few secrets…

Till then, much love and too much excitement…

Niamh xx

London Theatre breaks to Love Never Dies are already on sale and teh expectation is mounting week by week, especially now that the proper rehearsals are underway.

See also Love Never Dies

Posted via web from London Theatre Breaks

No comments: