Monday, November 07, 2005

Ultralab blogs still broken

Blogs hosted on the ultralab blog server have been unavailable since last Thursday, for reasons not explained. So I would be pretty frustrated about that by now if it weren't for the fact that I decided to allow my own ultralab blog to gracefully decline after the other problem with the comments system only a week or so before.

So I'd better link from here now as well.
My new research blog is at distributedresearch.net/blog

RSS feed here , comments RSS here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet again proving why having your own, hosted blog is so essential...

Now, when it does start working again, you'll have to migrate any useful (and relevant) content out of it...

Frankie

Andy Roberts said...

Well I agree. I've had an email already from a friend asking why he can't find my blog anymore. I've transferred a couple of relevant posts from out of backup copies which reside in Ecto (blog post composer) and I've had "backup my blog with all accompanying files" in my 43things for ages. I'll probably just leave the old blog there with the redirect post at the top for a while. News is that the server had been compromised and should be back later today or tomorrow.