Friday, April 29, 2005

By June 30th

My current ISP will cut me off on June 30th, blaming BT for not supporting their legacy VOD network, so I have to find a new one and the transition won’t be easy since the release code system thingy, (a bit like the one for transferring a mobile number to a new network) doesn’t apply to moves from videonetworks to normal broadband.

I’ve been with the old one for several yeaars, and when they started up it was by far the best available service in the London area, sending streaming video to the TV simultaneously with a genuine 1Mb intenet commection all over the twisted pair of copper wires which were always used on older telephone exchanges. But for the last year or so it became expensive compared to the competition, so I had intended to stick with them only until after the online degree course finishes in May 2006.




Now I have to arrange for an alternative, including allowing for an indefinite break in service sometime before June 30th, which could become extremely inconvenient.




The first I’ll look at is Bulldog.




http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/




and it probaby makes sense to consider escaping from the BT landline quarterly standing charge as well, not to mention switching electricity, gas, water, banking, insurance, savings, travelcard, subscriptions, etc etc




Modern life is rubbish.

No comments: