Sunday, January 30, 2005

technical support

I managed to run ahead of myself a little, so the first entry is about what I have already done rather than defining the task.

I had a useful discussion with frankie over some fine belgian beers on saturday night, and learned some important concepts. For instance, I now understand that the wiki pages are not held as generated html files at all, but as data or tables within the MySQL database. The wiki installation script needs to be pointed at that database.

The MySQL database server is a seperate entity from the Apache web server. I can create more than one MySQL database, and also create users of them. This somehow ties in with the wiki users

If you order a big bottle of champagne style brut beer, make them get the glasses ready before they open the bottle.

No comments: