Sunday, January 18, 2004

an "aha" moment

Yesterday I started to write up Learning Activity 1, which is about looking into the theoretical background and developing an understanding of 'reflection'. It took me quite a while to get back into the swing of this kind of formal, non conversational writing and thinking and I kept wanting to distract myself by checking for new messages in various places instead. After a few hours I ran out of my allotted time, but felt that I had only just circled around the topic and messed about with the format without really getting to the nub. This made me feel restless the whole day through, and worried about getting to the end of the assignment in time.

Then when I woke up this morning, as I lay in bed, I started thinking forward, imagining myself writing the next part. I imagined writing a list of bullet points to cover the key concepts which I have discovered and understood. At this point I suddenly realised that this was all I needed to do! I had been making much too heavy weather of it and with this new insight I could now see a way to get to the end. So I got up straight away, worked for a short while ( before I forgot again ) and then felt happy enough to go back to bed and enjoy a nice Sunday morning lie in [details removed]





No comments: